Monday 2 May 2011

Today has been a quiet day for me...

After all the fun and excitement of the weekend today was one for peace and a chance to reflect.

Some times when we meditate the subjects are thrust upon us but today the answer came easily.... I was struck by how much folk today miss out on and so respond to the simple gifts of listening and touch...

The train of thought was prompted by pondering how we can express a healing ministry. My London church has a regular Listening Service which is offered free to anyone who feels the need and drops in. Listening, as I've remarked before, is such a precious gift. The opportunity to speak to someone whose sole task is to be there for you is incredible and should never, ever be underestimated.

That thought led me to another and I realised how much I looked forward to massages and the like. The common thread there is that it is someone who is focused solely on another person...

It is so simple, the gifts of listening and touch and yet we're often too busy or too reticent to offer them...

No comments:

Post a Comment