Friday 18 March 2011


White assailed me this evening!!


I got an early train back to Norwich and the blackthorn was so, so beautiful I felt like I'd stepped into a different world - well almost! Clouds and clouds of delicate white blossom shouted the arrival of spring from hedgerows throughout the city. They don't have a powerful scent but they do brighten every vista that they adorn.


Is white a colour? Some say not...


The next bright white object that stopped me in my tracks was the moon - it was HUGE!


I suspect its something to do with the orbits and how close we are but it looked so much bigger than normal! Its almost a full moon - you still just make out a tiny sliver that was missing - maybe tomorrow it will be even more magnificent. It was just incredible to see it hanging there in the sky knowing that so many other people all over this country and others can see the same...


Somehow it makes you feel close to folk who are far away... to share the same vista, same vision...

No comments:

Post a Comment