Wednesday 13 April 2011


There are some things that just don't seem 'quite right'!


I came out of my office building last night and the first thing that hit me was the smell of a barbecue. Its bad enough that its still mid-April so that makes it highly unlikely but even more so when you think that I work in the middle of Westminster!


My supper carried on the theme - I was at a church listening to a Lent lecture so it was a sort of pack-up meal. My friend had filled hot cross buns with apricot jam - not too bad, peanut butter - hmmm not something I'd experienced before and cheese definitely outside my taste experience - ever! All were rather delicious but two were on my not 'quite right' scale!


We have so many expectations don't we... Of people and places, of tastes and textures, of right and wrong, good and bad. But our scale may not be the same as the next persons... In fact its highly likely it won't be unless you're a parent and the people involved are your children - though even then that's not a given.


Squaring our joint but different expectations in life is quite a task. It is often the glue that binds a relationship - when it works well - or the final nail in the proverbial coffin - when it doesn't.


I rather like it when I get challenged by something that is not what or as I expected. It shakes me out of my sloth! It makes me think about why... and it challenges me to evaluate just how important that difference is...

1 comment:

  1. Just checking back to read any postings you may have written.

    I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete