Friday 21 January 2011



I'm staring out of the office window because the sunlight is so bright it's almost hypnotic!

And more! On the brick walls of the buildings that surround our office there are all sorts of shapes and intensity of the sun's reflected light.

I'm fascinated by reflections... though you're probably getting to realise I'm fascinated by a LOT of things! I just love observing!

I carry my camera with me all the time because I want to capture images that I see.

I particularly like to ponder the way images are distorted when they are reflected...

The way sharp, harsh structures are rendered softer and less substantial often provides a whole new way of looking at something.

Like ripples from a pebble dropped into a pool of water - reflections eventually fade and take on the image of their surroundings

People and their reactions /emotions are often oh so similar too. For each step away from the originator, the truth becomes misshapen. (I don't want to use the word distorted because it infers a negativity that isn't always there - though sometimes it is appropriate.) Each re-telling softens the intensity of the original.






No comments:

Post a Comment