Sunday 30 January 2011


Its official! I'm losing it!!

I have just walked to and from church, a pleasant 10 minute stroll, only to be shocked by noticing something for the first time that I must've passed more times than it is possible to count.

On a piece of 'green' - though its hardly big enough to warrant being called the Village Green, despite the beautiful name plaque that adorns it - I spotted a massive village water pump for the first time. It is nearly as tall as me and painted in black gloss so its hardly brown, rusty and blending into the background.


Why haven't I ever noticed it before? I pride myself in being observant. Its a wonderful gift that allows me to encourage people gently just by noticing and remarking on something new. It may be something personal, glasses, hair style/colour or a new top. It may be something in their home, new curtains or an ornament. It may be something less easy to spot like a faint bruise or a change in demeanour or a different expression.


Why had I missed something so obvious? I've lived in this area for 25 years and must have driven past it thousands of times, even as a passenger and more able to scan the scenery.


Some times we miss the blindingly obvious. We are so focused on an attraction in the background that we fail to notice what is right in front of our eyes...


It is all too easy to miss the little messages on the faces of those you see each day...


Some times its because they are trying to hide them...


Some times its because we're to preoccupied...


Some times its because we see what we want to...


No comments:

Post a Comment