Thursday 6 January 2011


What a difference a day makes!

When I awoke this morning it was dark and dreary and I as I write this now its still dark and dreary! It's wet but in a persistently drizzling sort of way. No spectacular, energetic downpour or flashing storm, just constant, continual drizzle. And I find my mood mirroring the weather... it's grey and drab and I feel the same! In fact looking round the office I'd say I'm not alone!!

Have you noticed that even though the shortest day (in the northern hemisphere that is) has been and gone the days don't seem to be getting any longer? The mornings still seem to be dark when you leave for work.

The days of mid-winter are often such difficult days. Days when people feel the lack of sun and warmth. The festivities of Christmas and the New Year have been and gone and there seems little to look forward to... and weather like this doesn't help!

I read the paper on the way to work - one of the joys of using public transport. Today there was a story, buried on the inside pages, of a young woman with more than a 1000 friends on her social networking page who wrote that she had just taken all the tablets she could find and said farewell. 17 hours later one of them called her mother. The police found her body...

The greatest gift we can give to another person is to listen to them... properly...

It shows we have time for them

On a lighter note, following on from yesterday's post, I went to church in the evening and the first words of scripture were "Arise, shine; for your light has come" How did God know I was going to focus on light yesterday?! I hate it when he does that! Those "coincidences" are just too close for comfort!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that story too. Better five real friends than a thousand virtual ones.....

    ReplyDelete