Friday 28 January 2011


My first breath of fresh air this morning was so cold it was exhilarating! I love these days. Cold and bright. They make me feel so alive.


It seems that the local bird life also respond in the same way. They are flitting around from tree to roof, fence to lawn. Their songs are filling the air and everything just seems more vibrant!


I've got a half day holiday today and am going to spend it walking two gorgeous black Labradors with my friend. I can't wait to get out there! My walking boots are standing ready, my hat and gloves are on the table. My camera will be in my pockets... It can't come fast enough!


Its quite remarkable how much influence the weather has on our lives...


But the weather is so intimately linked with the health and well being of our planet, it is the visible expression of the atmosphere that coats us.
We are so intimately bound to the weather. Our often moods reflect the weather, a dull, drab, still day in winter can invoke greyness in us. A still, clear, warm day can fill us with a sense of peace and relaxation. Storms energise. And so on...


I am just so thankful for bright sunshine and the ability to appreciate and revel in it

No comments:

Post a Comment